Booking Terms & Conditions for Hebridean Adventures Ltd.
These are our Terms & Conditions that cover booking a holiday with Hebridean Adventures Ltd. Please note that by booking a space on one of our scheduled cruises or holidays or by entering into a whole-boat charter scenario, you are agreeing to these terms.
1. Hebridean Adventures gives notice that all arrangements made by us are on the condition that we shall not be liable for any death, injury or damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may be caused by persons or conditions beyond our control. We accept no responsibility for any losses or additional expenses incurred due to delays or changes in air, road, rail, sea or other services, strikes, war, weather, Government or customs or police intervention or other such happenings amounting to Force Majeure.
2. A reservation is not considered booked by us until the completed Booking Form and a deposit of 20% of the fee (or as otherwise agreed) has been received. Provisional bookings by phone or e-mail will be held for 2 days pending receipt of the required deposit. Upon receipt by us of your deposit we shall send you confirmation of your cruise along with a note of the balance amount and when it is due. Every person making a booking on behalf of a passenger or group of passengers warrants and confirms that he/she has the authority of that passenger and that each such passenger agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to alter prices in accordance with any major changes in cost that may occur between the time of the booking and the time of departure.
Covid-19 Update – In respect of the current pandemic, if it continues throughout this year (2022), we will refund you in full if the trip has to be cancelled due to Government guidelines. Should you decide to cancel your booking because of a disinclination to travel, it is with regret that no refund of monies will be made, and our normal cancellation charges will apply. We would therefore advise that you take out your own travel insurance to cover you for any other additional incidents.
3. Any cancellation must be notified to us in writing by the person who made the booking.
4. If, owing to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot provide the vessel/cruise booked or a suitable and agreeable alternative, we will refund all money paid, in full, and the passenger shall have no further claim against us.
5. Persons, whether an individual or booking the whole vessel, are responsible for the whole of the fee he/she has undertaken to pay and must pay the outstanding balance at 8 weeks before the start of the cruise period, or immediately if booked after this period. If for any reason, the person cancels the booking, it may be possible for you to transfer your booking to another individual with our prior agreement.
6. Any vessel used by us holds a full Marine Insurance policy for bodily injury or accident to passengers on board, for a maximum of £10,000,000 in respect of any one incident. Our insurance does not cover passengers who are away from the vessel or its tender. We do not accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, passengers’ personal belongings, property or valuables whilst onboard or in transit, so please check your own household insurance policy to make sure that you are adequately covered in this respect.
7. No children under the age of 12 shall be carried unless part of a whole boat charter and then they are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times. Please note that exceptions have been made and we will be pleased to discuss your request. No animals to be carried unless with prior permission.
8. No illegal drugs, weapons or other unlawful substances or goods or materials are permitted on board the vessel and the passenger(s) shall free and release the vessel owner / skipper from any liabilities or responsibility arising out of any breach of this condition. Prescription and over-the-counter medicines are of course exempt from this.
9. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint please report it to us as soon as possible so that we may deal with it promptly and hopefully, to your satisfaction. Any legal action or proceedings arising out of or connected with this contract shall be governed by the Laws of Scotland.
10. It is a fundamental booking condition that by taking part in this sort of holiday/cruise that you understand there is an element of flexibility required. The itineraries stated on our website and literature are indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed, or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. Hebridean Adventures Ltd and the skipper, reserve the right to vary the holiday/cruise in any way we consider preferable due to adverse weather or any other conditions. Ultimate decisions regarding the safety of the vessel, its tender and those onboard rest with the skipper.
The term ‘Hebridean Adventures Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1.2 Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
1.3 This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
1.4 All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
1.5 Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
1.6 From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
1.7 Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
2.2 The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
2.3 This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
2.5 Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
2.7 Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
2.8 Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
2.9 This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
2.10 Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/banner/image links to other websites) The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
2.11 This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Resources & Further Information