Cook/chef (boat based)
Hebridean Adventures is a wildlife-watching tour company based out of Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis, offering occasional day trips but predominately multi-night expeditions on the MV Monadhliath, a specially converted 20m fishing vessel with 2 purpose-built viewing decks.
This position is from April to September and can be either employed by the company or on a self-employed basis.
We operate cruises of up to six nights operating between the Outer Hebrides and the west coast of Scotland with a maximum of 8 guests (+ 3 crew), reaching as far out as St.Kilda. There is generally a minimum of 48 hours between cruises.
Accommodation during the operating season can be available at the Hebridean Adventures base residence located close to Stornoway (with whales, dolphins, and otters nearby!) when off duty.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, and evening meals and beverages during the day for guests. We are expecting good quality meals, using local produce where possible.
- Assisting Guide in keeping boat clean during cruises and some assistance on changeover days. Cleaning crew will undertake the majority of the aspects of the changeover.
- Victualling between cruises and liaising with suppliers and ordering stores.
- Basic deckhand work along with guide when anchoring or mooring.Requirements
- Customer-focused and communicate clearly and concisely with guests.
- Experience of working on boats would be an advantage.
- Food safety and hygiene level 2.
- You must hold a full and clean driver’s licence.
- Willing to share a small space with colleagues below deck when out at sea (own cabin within a larger cabin).
- Be a good team player.
- Along with guide ensuring the vessel is always clean and tidy, with particularl responsibility for the galley.
- No smoking allowed during shifts.
- We have a zero drugs policy.
- Ensure guest safety at all times.
- Obtain or hold an ML5 or equivalent Seafarers Medical certificate of fitness.
- STCW certificates an advantage.
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Salary details upon application.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role to email@example.com